November 9, 2012:
Submissions to the 2013 Cavalcade will be accepted beginning tomorrow, November 10th, through December 15, 2012. To submit, please visit the Cavalcade webpage.
August 29, 2012:
The inaugural issue of The Review of Corporate Finance Studies has mailed.
April 30, 2012:
Please see the Editors’ Joint Policy Statement Regarding “Coercive Citations,” which has been posted here: Editors’ Joint Policy.
April 9, 2012:
The Society for Financial Studies is pleased to announce that the 2013 SFS Finance Cavalcade will be held at The University of Miami. The society will begin accepting bids on July 1, 2012 for the 2014 SFS Finance Cavalcade.
March 7, 2012:
The registration website for the 2012 Finance Cavalcade is now available here. Reserve your stay as early as possible to ensure a room at the conference hotel. Rooms are refundable if canceled at least 48 hours before the arrival date; call the Inn at Darden directly for cancellations. Complete your registration before May 9th to avoid the late transaction fee. Registration is non-refundable.
Thursday evening’s reception at Monticello is available only to the first 60 people who sign up. The cut-off date for sign up will be May 9th for this reception. Those who have signed up within the first 60 people will receive an email on May 10th confirming their reservations for the event.
February 24, 2012:
The 2012 SFS Finance Cavalcade program is now available on the Cavalcade webpage.
January 17, 2012:
The SFS is seeking someone to fill the Treasurer’s position as of July 1, 2012. The position’s responsibilities include:
1. Maintain the central SFS investment account.
2. Maintain the central SFS checking account.
3. File annual tax returns and other corporate documents demanded by government authorities.
4. Pay SFS vendors.
5. Hire an accounting firm to prepare taxes, government forms and produce annual financial statements.
6. Oversee the creation and changes to checking accounts associated with SFS journals and back office.
7. Oversee SFS journal and back office checking accounts to insure they do not accumulate excess cash.
8. Produce annual reports for the SFS board and membership meetings.
9. Choose and work with outside counsel any time by-laws or publishing contracts are revised.
If you are interested please contact either Ken Singleton at firstname.lastname@example.org or Matthew Spiegel at email@example.com.